Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Friends

So, I'm really excited. Last year, I felt really impressed by merkypie, the person who started the Aspiring US JETs 2012 thread. I felt like she was on top of it and that the thread gave us all a place to hang out, stress out, and get everything out there. After not getting an interview, I simply posted that I didn't get an interview and quietly left because it was sad to see everything that I was no longer a part of. However, I've previously mentioned that once my friend Staci got her results as an alternate (now upgraded!!!), I was ready to get back on the boards, no matter how early it was.

Obviously, I was a bit over-zealous. I knew that, most likely, no one else would be on the boards, already preparing for the next application. But, I also knew that I wanted to start the Aspiring US JETs 2013 thread. I wanted somewhere for all the new JETs to give us a little advice as they finish waiting out their time as "aspiring JETs" and somewhere anyone as eager as myself could post. For the first few weeks, it was depressingly slow, but a bunch of the new JETs posted some advice and were pretty cool. I think that as more people get on the forums for the coming application, they can already find some useful info at the beginning of the thread and a place to get excited in ^_^

Now, there are a couple other people posting with me! I'm really excited about it. Apparently some of you readers are those very same posters ^_^ But, what I'm most excited about is that, after the time I've spent reading some old threads and compiling info from there and my own experiences, I feel like I am helping people feel confident. I know I'm not some great sage or anything, but I feel like between here and my thread, I might actually be useful and that's best of all. I'm hoping that, since we have so long together, we can become good friends and we can make this our year! For now, I'll be happy that I've managed to be helpful to a couple people and be even happier that I have some friends now!


(Sorry, I know this post was rather useless... But I'd love for anyone reading this, that plans to apply, come chat in the thread. And maybe someone wants to post a comment and say hi!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Great idea for a new thread. Im currently at the stage where I cannot wait to go through the application process for the 2013 intake.
    This would be a great place for people to give their thoughts and advice on the entire experience of applying to the jet programme.

    Nice one....
    Simon from Australia

    ReplyDelete