Saturday, August 10, 2013

Certificate of Health

When you get shortlisted, you need to submit a Certificate of Health, as an alternate I wasn't required to do this earlier on. I recommend checking your information ahead of time. Take a look at the form, make sure you know that you can get all the answers. You will be required to get tested for tuberculosis, so make sure you schedule that as soon as you know you have been shortlisted or upgraded.

Now, most important of all, because all that first paragraph is pretty obvious, is getting a DOCTOR to sign it. You need an MD. It doesn't mean your "doctor," since that connotation basically means primary care physician to most of us. My "doctor" is a family nurse practitioner. I have not seen a proper MD in years. My FNP prescribes my medications and does my appointments and everything else. So, when I dropped off my paperwork, I needed to state that I needed an MD to sign the form, rather than my doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment