Saturday, June 2, 2012

Moneyz!

So, I hadn't thought about some of the harsher realities of the JET Program. In fact, I had skipped over this harsh reality for most of the things in my life. Money is the cruel ruler of all our lives. That being said, when you finally get into JET, you need to have money for your various expenses until you finally get paid. Rent, key money (if you have to pay it), food, transportation, furnishings, etc. This adds up to a lot, especially in the housing needs. JET is currently suggesting around $3,000. That is a lot of dough.

I already save and scrimp little things all the time. I pick up any change I find, return bottles and cans, and intentionally put aside any extra bits of money I happen upon. I do still tend to spend more than I ought to on things I really like (like going out for nice dinners, books, and manga), but I try to save some extra here and there. I honestly really suggest that you start saving now. If you are applying next year, the year after, or any year after that, it is always good to have this extra money for any situation. You'll need it to start JET, but in real life, if you need to move or something happens, you really need to have that cash available to you when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment