Thursday, June 14, 2012

Generally a Good Idea to Not Be a Dumbass

So, nowadays, it is fairly common for companies to check out your facebook, myspace, blogs, or whatever they can find of you on the internet. Because of this, a lot of people recommend that you scrub your internet stuff and make sure you don't cause yourself issues. But, I have a better suggestion!

Don't be a dumbass.

Easy. Just don't post pics of you trashed around town. Don't post pics of all the men you've had one-night stands with. Don't cuss all the time. Don't say things that are rude, unprofessional, etc. If you don't want it known, you probably shouldn't be doing it anyways. I know that I probably have some stuff from ages ago on my facebook that I don't know how it would be received by a company hiring me. But, I know that I don't have anything horrific or recently. I'm sure I've sworn and there are pictures of me having drinks, but they aren't common, they aren't too terrible, and I don't know that trying to hide it is much better.

So, don't say or do stupid things all over the internet and you won't have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment